Our Grappa is obtained from the distilling of the pomace of our grapes, within 48 hours of pressing. They are soft and fruity and have all the characteristics of a “Meditation Grappa”. Our Grappa Riserva is aged in French oak casks for three years, hence its typical amber colour and definite noble wood aroma.
Enjoyed it at room temperature at the end of a meal as a liqueur.
- Grape varieties: Sangiovese 70%, Canaiolo 10%, Cabernet S. 20%
- Distillation: The distillation of fresh grape pomace by means of a discontinuous steam fed still, heated by hot water vapour. The first and last fractions of the distillate are rejected.
- Maturation and refinement: Our Grappa Riserva is aged for 3 years in Oak barrels before being bottled.
- Alcohol: 43%
Organoleptic characteristics of the Grappa Riserva di Chianti Classico
- Colour: brilliant straw.
- Bouquet: smooth, with intense grape and noble wood aromas.
- Flavour: alcoholic, fruity, smoothly spiced.